I am proud to have been born and raised in Pasadena, California, USA. I was born in February of 1948, went to school at St. Elizabeth in neighboring Altadena, John Marshall Junior High, and of course Pasadena High School. Go Bulldogs!! I ended up leaving in 1966 to attend University of San Diego, and then to UCLA, where I eventually obtained two degrees, a BA in Psychology and a PhD. in Education. But my point here is that I’m thrilled to be coming back to my old home town on next Tuesday, July 6 for a book signing at Vroman’s book store, which has been there as an outstanding independent book store to sign and discuss my latest book Connecting: Beyond the Name Tag about personal and business networking. It has very special meaning to me that the event will be in Pasadena, and at Vroman’s I did a signing there in 1995 for my last book on sales entitled Sell Yourself. My late parents and sister Barbara were at that signing. It is fifteen years later and many experiences later. I hope to draw a diverse group of people who can meet each other. Everyone is welcome, and it is a free event. Believe Publishing is providing wine and Middle Eastern appetizers. A big part of the fun for me is not knowing who or how many people will show up. I hope whoever is reading this feels welcome and motivated to show up, because showing up is really the essence of my message. It is 4th of July weekend, and it really shouldn’t end on Monday, but extend through the event at Vroman’s. See you there.
You might also be interested in...
- Pasadena Tales – Browsing at Vroman’s
- Book Signing Networking Mixer on March 25 at Stone Rose Lounge
- The Art of Connecting: Exploring Different Dimensions in Networking
- You Never Know – The Case of the poet Marc Swan
- Art of Connecting Presentation and Book Signing
- Widening the Circle from your Past – Pasadena High School Example
- Book Signing or Networking Event?
- Social Media or Face-to-Face Networking?
- Connecting: Beyond the Name Tag – Available Fall 2009
- CAPITALIZING ON COMMONALITIES